How To Apply Eyeshadow Like A Pro – A Step-By-Step Tutorial
How to apply eyeshadow is one easy thing to do though Eye makeup can take your best makeup game to another level. It’s either make a while or break a while when it comes to eye makeup, really. Things can turn out wrong than expected. If you chose to try to practicalize things that you aren’t good at, you would definitely have yourself prepared for a Halloween party, rather than preparing for work. In this post, we have provided a total guide on how to go about the correct application of your eye shadow, so without any further ado let go into the business of the day.
Before we can start talking about how to apply eyeshadow, we need to look at the various products required to get the perfect eye makeup.
What You Will Need
- Eye cream
- Eye primer
- Eye makeup brushes
- A kohl pencil
- An eyeliner
- A mascara
The type of brush to be used for this tutorial on how to apply eyeshadow is very important so as to achieve a good result, so below are the brush we would be using throughout this tutorial.
Types Of Brushes
Different brushes have different functions. One would be useful for packing on the eyeshadow, the other for blending and another for smoking out the lower lash line. Let’s look at a few of them.
1. Flat Stiff Brush
This brush can be used for applying eyeshadow on the eyelid, and also under the lower lash line. A flat brush is preferably used when it comes to applying the product on the eyelid. The MAC 239 is od the best product for this. This also turns out well when you want to apply a little glitter pigment where the stiff nature of the brush helps out in picking up the product sample easily.
2. Pencil Brush
pencil brush is best made used of when you to apply the product onto the lower lash line. This best fits for when want to smoke out the lower lash line just for more addition, or if what you have in mind is just to produce a soft look. You can choose to apply this on the crease to produce a soft crease line. It is best to use them at the outer corners of the eye where intensity is the best fit.
3. Stiff Dome Brush
This brush is properly used for applying and blending out colors perfectly. It’is handier when you are using more than one color and want to portray a smooth transition without ignoring or removing the shade differences.
4. Fluffy Dome Brush
Before we move into the steps for today’s wonderful tutorial on How to apply eyeshadow, why not check out this interesting post on The Best 25 Eye Makeup tutorial, with this tutorial you can totally stop that everyday problem of what eye makeup you are to put on, the post would expose you to various option to chose when planning to apply some makeup on your eyes or you can also check out this post I wrote on How To Make Small Eyes Appear Bigger With Make Up, yeah you totally heard me well check out the post to see the magic.
How To Apply Eyeshadow – Step-By-Step Tutorial
Step 1: It’s All About That Base
Prepping the eye area is most important since it’s all about that base (Meghan Trainor might be talking about another base entirely, but she’s not wrong!). Start by making sure the area around the eye is clean.
After that, you can add up a moisturizer or an eye cream. Now, work on the eye area bt prepping it with an eye primer so that the makeup could stay put and firm for a longer time and gives a good looking finish.
You can do well to apply a concealer that is of the same color with the skin tone just around your eyes. Apply your concealer gently with your brush and then seal it up with a transparent powder in your set.
This will give the eye area an even look, make the skin less crease, and also make sure you conceal any discoloration of the skin because It also creates a clean and better base so that the colors sit better.
Step 2: Chose The Type of Eyeshadow
Step 3: Dark Shades for the Crease
Now, we are going to be concentrating on the crease area. Use a darker shade of eyeshadow to define a very good eye shape. In order to achieve this, you could go for shades like deep browns, black, deep gray, dark purple, and some other deep colors.
Start applying just from the outer corner of the eye just by making a ‘V’ shape, and then blend the pattern exactly halfway through the eyelid using a fluffy eyeshadow brush made for blending. you can use the wiper motion style. continue with the blending motion style until the color begins to look softer.
In order for a good highlight to the brow bone, you should go with a more lighter shade using either frost or shimmer textures.
Step 4: Rim The Eyes With Kohl
Pro Tip – By making using of a white/beige colored eye pencil directly on the lower part of the eyes is amongst the best way to make your eye look bigger and even more brighter.
And finally here’s what we have.
Afraid That Your Eye Makeup Will Crease?
- By Investing in a good base or primer as it will instantly boost your eye makeup and will make the eyeshadow stay put for a longer period of time.
- Make sure that you set your eyeshadow with a good powder base if you’ve used or planning to use a cream-based eyeshadow.
- you can Use a gel or waterproof eyeliner to prevent any transferring of the product.
Some Quick Tips On How to Apply Eyeshadow Perfectly
- Note that It is always good to finish with your eye makeup first and then move on to your base makeup. With this way, if there’s an eyeshadow fallout under or around the eyes, you can easily and quickly clean it up without spoiling and also maintaining your base makeup.
- To achieve a define crease area, use a pencil brush first and then follow by blend it with a fluffy brush.
- By choosing the best formula that works best for you, you can be able to make a perfect eyeshadow that would be of best fit to your face outcome.
- In a case where you have hooded or deep set eyes, it would be best you apply the eye makeup with your eyes open instead of closed so that the crease color is actually visible and bold.
- If you are finding it hard to draw the ‘V’ on the outer corner of your eyes, then you can draw a ‘#’ using an eye pencil and make a quick blend to avoid stark edges.
- In order to avoid eyeshadow fall out, powder the area under your eyes with a transparent or translucent powder before you begin the eye makeup so that Once you are done you would be able to sweep the powder off.
- It is best that You wait to conceal your under eyes till after you are done with your eye makeup.
- Don’t forget to use clean brushes as they would help to give you the best transition ever.
how to Apply eyeshadow perfectly comes with a little time and patience which when achieved it becomes very easy. I can’t believe there was a time when I was intimidated! Now, I look forward to the days when I have to attend a party or a wedding so that I can go all out with my eye makeup! If you have any queries, just comment in the box below.
you can follow us on facebook here or twitter here, to get more of our update on your media daily. you can also pin our content and follow us on Pinterest here or view our contents daily on Instagram here, and don’t forget to share.
Subscribe to get the best makeup tutorials and fashion trends directly to your inbox